Thursday, October 13, 2011

If Muffins Could Talk

I'm not a big fan of muffins. The shape, I mean. Somehow I just find bread tastes better baked in a loaf pan. Maybe that's just me. Besides, twelve is too dangerous an amount to have around for only one person. Into the freezer they go!

I am, however, a big fan of lemon. I will gladly stuff most lemon-flavoured goodies into my face. I also love raisins, and I will continue to love them no matter how many times my friend tells me they remind her of old, wrinkly skin. What? They are just raisins to me.

So I guess those are the factors that made me like these muffins. They are extremely lemony, which delighted me much-ly. Part of the muffin stuck to the liner though. Isn't that qualified for cheating? What are they trying to tell me?
Stop eating, Alicia.
No, I will not.

And for the record, I would have baked these into a loaf pan, but I couldn't find a clean one. I guess I should go do something about that now.


Lemon-Raisin Muffins
Adapted from Kellogg's Corn Flakes Cereal Recipe Collection

1-1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups unsweetened corn flakes cereal
1-1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond)
1 egg replacement
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tsp. grated lemon rind (I used an entire lemon... it may have been more than 2 tsp. but I'm ok with that)
1/2 cup raisins

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand until cereal is softened, about 2 minutes. Add "egg", oil, and lemon rind. Beat well. Add flour mixture and stir until almost combined. Stir in raisins.

Divide batter into 12 greased or lined (only if you want rude muffins) muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Yield: 12 muffins

3 comments:

  1. Lemony baked goods are always a good, good thing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so good! I'm usually more into chocolatey things for dessert, but lemon is a big exception. and pairing them with raisins is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look tasty! I love corn flakes but never thought to use them in a muffin.

    ReplyDelete