Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Go Green; Eat Salad


What—salad?

Yes, you are looking at a picture of a beautiful salad and not the gluten-free, totally vegan cake I made today. It's all because I was busy scrambling around and had no time to take pictures of it. Insert frowny-face here.

But you know, salad is nothing to frown upon. I will confess there was a time when I had some serious salad phobia. I simply wouldn't touch salads, unless they were of the fruit variety. As my taste buds and my mentality matured (maybe not-so-much the latter), I developed an appreciation for salads—green salads.

Naturally my sweet tooth is the dominant one here which explains why this salad is half fruit (note the apple slices and dried cranberries) and has a sweet and tangy vinaigrette. It's an apple cider vinaigrette and it is divine. Truly, you have to try this out. It is because of this vinaigrette that I have been having salad this entire week, every day, at lunch and dinner. It's that good.

In other news, I am extremely busy, which isn't like me at all. This week is made up for two interviews (one down!), a full-day job working an election poll tomorrow, a birthday cake request (check!) and of course Thanksgiving is also this weekend. Phew!

I will be preparing my coma for Monday, now. Just kidding.

Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I love cake, but this is some gorgeous salad you've got here. (as long as you post the delicious-sounding cake at some point, I'm cool with that.)

    your week sounds mega busy indeed. don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( <-- inserted frowny face for the non-visible gluten free cake. I'd love to see that!

    But I agree, that certainly is some gorgeous salad right there. I used to avoid salad too, but mainly because my salads only consisted of spinach, romaine lettuce and cucumber with some hummus. That's an easy salad to get tired of. I will have to try out that vinaigrette though, it sounds great.

    Make sure you get lots of rest with that busy week of yours!

    ReplyDelete